Friday, April 9, 2010

Life As A Bookworm

As I have mentioned on my blog before I grew up with a huge appetite for books. Books were always a big part of my life from a very early age and even before I was born. How can that be possible, right? Ok, let's start from the beginning.

My mom always loved the book series Little House on the Prarie by Laura Ingalls Wilder:



She fell in love with the name "Laura" from the books and that is how I got my name. Kinda neat, huh?

As a child I loved having books read to me. My mom always liked to tell me the story about my favorite book as a little one and how I made her read the story over and over and over again.


How can you not love a story about such a cute little guy? Ironically enough I call my husband the poky little puppy since I move fast and he tends to take his time and check everything out. I guess I was fated from the beginning to have a soft spot for the poky ones :)

When I was able to read on my own I had a lot of favorite books:





and of course





When I got older there were a couple series that I got hooked on. Aren't book series the best? It's like they know that you are going to get addicted and need another fix. And another and another and another....






I think the Babysitter's Club Series was probably my favorite book series. I had tons and tons of these books. Looking back it was a really great book series for a tween and such a special memory of my early teen years. Oh and for those that loved this series too, Claudia was always my favorite and I wished I could be as cool as Stacey :)

I am definitely a person that likes tradition and I hope that maybe one day I can hopefully continue the naming tradition and name my future daughter after one of the inspiring books in my life. I also look forward to reading to my future kids some great new classic childrens books:


What were your favorite books as child, young adult and teen?


Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Such a cute blog. I loved reading too... sadly I can't remember the names of so many of the kids books I read. I always checked them out from the library, and I can tell you what they looked like (shocking that I'm visual, right), but I don't remember their names.

    I did love RL Stine, Charlottes Web, and Little House. All good stuff. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally loved the Babysitter's Club! I was so happy when my parents let me join the mail club where I got 3 Babysitter's Club books every month or so. And I had forgotten about Frog and Toad! That was a classic in my house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post! I read practically all the books you have here. I just read over on aol that the babysitter's club series is being reissued :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What's more amazing than all the books we remember, is all the ones we forget about and rediscover again! I was a big bookworm too- definitely an R.L. Stine girl for a while.

    I remember having a mail subscription to the Baby-Sitters' Club books... but when "Boy-Crazy Stacey" came in the mail, mom and dad put the nail in the coffin! Lol that memory cracks me up so bad! :-D

    ReplyDelete