Thursday, September 30, 2010
Favorite Bond Movie:
Love this one for a bunch of reasons including all the old Vegas scenes, the really catchy opening song and a fiery little red head.
Tiffany Case, played by Jill St. John
Tuesday, September 28, 2010
Monday, September 27, 2010
(Just a few things on my mind on this Monday Morning)
- I'm glad the "So Me" "So Not Me" post was so popular. Now I just need to come up with more interesting posts like that. No pressure :)
- Had a FANTASTIC weekend with my sister, bummed that she had to take her toys and go back home yesterday.
-Our weather changed from nice early fall to cold fall over night. I like it though because it means I can start wearing these on a regular basis:
Did anyone else experience some big weather changes this weekend or just had a particularly good weekend?
Thursday, September 23, 2010
So NOT Me:
In a lot of these cases it isn't that I HATE the "Not Me" things it's just more that I know myself and what I will do (yoga) and won't (weightlifting). I think high heels are really pretty but I know that if I wear a pair it will likely kill me feet, I will probably fall, I will complain A LOT.
Just keeping it real folks :)
So do you have any common favorites that I do or do you like one of my "Not Me's" and want to try convince me otherwise :)
Wednesday, September 22, 2010
Look no further then right here.
Monday, September 20, 2010
(Just a couple things that are on my mind...)
- Monday is just starting and I already have a headache. Kinda doubt that this will make the day better in anyway so it would be great if it would just go away.
- All 4 of my NFL teams for the family football pool that I'm in lost yesterday. I'm pretty much over all my teams already. Except for the Packers who are doing AWESOME and I will see in person (yay!) in the very near future. Of course I didn't pick them for the family pool.
- My sister comes to visit this week. Unfortunately the weather doesn't look like it is going to cooperate and give her the easy breezy cool weather that she was hoping for. It's the end of September and I'm dealing with temps close to the 90's. If I wanted that I could just be in Florida.- My husband is a rock star that gets things done when it comes to dealing with customer service and those phone calls that no one likes to make. Glad that he's mine.
- I'm really notorious for falling asleep during movies but because my body was fighting some kind of bug Friday night I was wide awake and ended up staying awake for To Paris With Love and Repo Men. I finally stay awake through not one but two movies and they both were bad. Really bad.
- Saw a grocery cart with a boot on it (the kind the towing company uses to prevent you from driving away). Not even sure where to go with that statement but felt like it was way too unique to not share.
What is going on with you on this Monday?
Friday, September 17, 2010
Top 5 Favorite Shows That Are No More
5. Sunset Beach
I imagine that there are a lot of people that haven't seen this show before. I never really noticed how racy their opening title shot was until now. Anywho, Sunset Beach was a short lived soap opera (the only soap opera I ever watched) that I got addicted to one summer. It wasn't your typical soap opera show as they kind poked fun at them selves and even do a whole spoof based on the Scream movies. I was always kinda bummed that the only soap that wasn't "typical" got the boot.
4. Law & Order
The wounds are still fresh with this show being taken off the air just a couple months ago. I know it has been going for a long time but the way that they just cut the show off so abruptly with no plans of bringing it back was kind of crazy. Law & Order SVU is actually my favorite of the L&O series and I would cry big sloppy tears if they ever took my Stabler and Benson away from me.
*cue the Law & Order music*
3. Dharma and Greg
I really loved this show. While my husband and I are not totally opposites like this couple was and we knew each other a whole lot longer before we got married (Dharma and Greg got married on their first date) I feel like it's probably the closest tv example of our marriage. He's a structured, "plan on being spontaneous" kind of guy and she's a happy, yoga loving kind of girl.
Anyone remember the episode where Dharma became a football fan? LOVED IT. And don't EVEN get me started on their dogs, Stinky and Nunzio, and the fact that the dog had a dog as a pet. I really love this show.
4. Buffy the Vampire Slayer
I could never get into all the Twilight, New Moon, Team Jacob/Edward stuff because I will always be TEAM BUFFY. I pretty much wanted to grow up and be Buffy when I was in high school. I wouldn't say that I was a die-hard Buffy fan but it's no coincidence that I have the same number of piercings as Sarah Michelle Gellar and bought every magazine she was on in the late 90's and beginning of 2000. I'm just saying. I'm so not a scary movie type person but I still loved this show. I think there was an episode called "The Watchman" that was really scary but other then that it was just a whole lot of vampire and zombie butt kicking and teenage love and angst.
The whole reason that I wanted to be an RA in college was because of this show and I guess more specifically because of Noel Crane. Everything about this show was so perfect. I loved and hung on every single moment of it. I think that I was mostly cheering for Felicity to get with Ben but about half way through the series I became Team Noel. So many things that I loved about this show, the music, the "Dear Julie" taped letters (did we ever find out who Julie was? I forget) Javier and Dean and Deluca and of course the year that Felicity shaved off all her amazing curly hair. I had a friend that stopped watching the show after that. I could never stop watching.
So that's my trip down tv shows of the past. What shows are you missing?
Wednesday, September 15, 2010
Monday, September 13, 2010
(Just some stuff that is on my mind right now...)
- I realized late on Wednesday that I forgot the Wednesday's Wednesday Wisdom post. The whole 3 day weekend thing threw me off. I will not deprive you of her cuteness this week. She promises to be extra cute for this post.
- I'm trying to start a second Etsy shop that will mainly be focused on design (logos, brand development) since graphic design is my real career and I love doing creative design. Getting up the focus and energy to pull that new shop together has been......challenging.
- My sister is coming to visit next week. I'm giddy excited. Shopping and cupcakes and pumpkin spice lattes, OH MY.
- I hate the Wizard of Oz and don't know why I quote it.
- I need to learn some moderation. When I get excited about something I get REALLY REALLY excited and burn white hot about it but can't usually sustain that level of
obsessioninterest. See the bullet above about my Etsy design shop.
- The Halloween decorations are going up next weekend. Boo-yah!
Got anything to brain dump this week?
Tuesday, September 7, 2010
And sometimes I kinda love it.
Here are a few of my guaranteed movies that are bound to have me searching for a tissue and and a comfy shoulder to hug.
He looks so innocent and sweet in that picture, right? WRONG! I don't think I have ever cried so hard during a movie then I did when we watched this one. Big, heart wrenching, sloppy tears. Thank goodness we were at home (BFF tipped me off NOT to see it in the theater for this reason). MAJOR tear jerker.
The first time I ever found myself sniffling through a movie was this one. I just couldn't help it, poor little lion cub watches his dad die and then you have Jonathan Taylor Thomas (remember him!!??) and his pre-pubescent voice crackling "Dad?? Dadddd???" Just gets me.
Disney is doing a number on me. The thing that was amazing to me about Up (which I LOVED) was how they were able to make me cry without using any words. Really incredible. I don't think Pixar can do anything wrong though...(Hello! They are partnered with Apple!).
I think this is a pretty classic girl cry movie but that is part of it's great appeal and it never seems to get old. Which is why I always have to STOP and watch it every time it is on the Oxygen channel which is approximately once a month. Just ask my husband, I'm sure he's counting.
Big hair and even bigger tears. It also gives me lots of big laughs which makes it the perfect trifecta for a girly movie.
Both of these movies give me a big lump in the throat and a few sniffles. Now if I made a list of my Top5 -10 movies of all time you would see a lot of these movies on that list. I guess I just love being a big mushball :)
What movies make you reach for a tissue? Do you like sob-fest movies?
Friday, September 3, 2010
Being a landlocked Florida Gator fan comes with its challenges. Being far away from The Swamp (Ben Griffin Stadium) means crossing your fingers come Saturdays in the fall that they are playing Florida football games all the way out here in the midwest. It also means representin' for you team on Fridays and your clothes not matching anyone in your office. That doesn't happen back in Gainesville. Everyone is wearing their blue and orange finery on Friday and Saturday and maybe even Sunday if it was a REALLY good game. College football in the South is practically a religion.
And you must dress accordingly.
I introduce to you the Southern Girls Football Season Uniform. Let's begin shall we?
1. Wear chic, attractive clothing in your schools colors.
3. Got your pearls? Original and team color appropriate
4. And then there is the hair and that means lots of hair spray and "The Poof" (NOT to be confused with Snooki from Jersey Shore's poof).