Monday, November 8, 2010

Ragin' Cajun Sub

The husband and I both enjoy cooking. It's nice to have someone that is willing to share the task of providing food and its also nice to have a common interest and a hobby that we can share together. Coming up with new recipes together, going grocery shopping, watching food shows to get ideas and just learning together.

When it comes to our roles in the kitchen I would have to say that I'm the fast one. If there was every a team challenge on Top Chef I would be tagged in to handle the Quickfire Challenge. I cook fast and I clean up as I work. I'm an efficient chef. The husband is actually the more creative one in the kitchen. Maybe its the science side in him that is curious about what happens when you add "this" with "that". Usually it turns out really well. One example of this is a recipe that I'm going to share with you.

Our Ragin' Cajun Sub

First, you start off with some sub rolls and pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees.

Then you take mayo and mix it with some spicy cajun seasoning.





Then you smear the spicy mayo mix on to your sub rolls.


Then you add your meat. We usually use chicken and hard salami sandwich cut meats.


Place it into the oven for 10-15 minutes just to toast everything.

When you take it out of the oven you can add cheese to it if you like and then place it back in the oven for 3-4 minutes, just enough time to melt the cheese.

Once you take it out then you add the Italian dressing and lettuce.


You can add other things to the sandwich also, tomato maybe a pickle.


All done! Time to enjoy!

I this is one of my favorite sandwiches, I'm so glad he decided to some experiments in the kitchen!

Do you have any kitchen experiments that turned out really well? Do you like to experiment in the kitchen or do you stick to your recipes?




Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. I always plan out our dinners for the week- and typically, I'll give myself one or two nights to try something new. Usually, if I don't like how it turns out, Nick loves it- which is great in a sense, but ties my hands a bit if I want to "get it right" the next time. That's one of the perks of being a military wife- when the hubs is away, the wife will play (with her recipes) and eat whatever she pleases! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm not even a meat eater and this looks so yum!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @emma

    Thanks!

    I actually really love a tomato sandwich with some mayo and this recipe is good that way too with no meat involved.

    ReplyDelete