Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Southern At Heart

So do you remember THIS POST from a while back?

Well there is a reason that I wanted to love that book. I knew when I was reading it that there was a good chance that we would be moving to the location that the book is based on.

And now I know that is the case.

We're moving to Charleston, SC this summer :)


At Folly Beach this past weekend when we went house hunting.




To say that I'm excited is a GROSS understatement. I'm just totally beyond thrilled right now to be moving back to the South. I grew up in Florida and lived there all my life until we moved to St. Louis 2 years ago. This Southern girl has really missed her Southern drawls and hospitality :)

My husband got a great job offer and it really just feels perfect. I feel so amazingly blessed.

And don't EVEN get me started on the food in Charleston. Here fishy fishy :)

Have you ever been to Charleston, SC before? Any one have any info they can share with me?


Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. So exciting! I'm a little jealous. I've been obsessed with Charleston ever since visiting there last fall. I regularly tell my husband that I want to move there.

    Do you read Olivia Rae's blog Everyday Musings? She went to college in Charleston and takes really beautiful pictures of the city {although she's about to travel to Europe for a while}. She has a link on her About page to her favorite places in Charleston.
    http://www.olivia-rae.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Caiti I do ready Olive Rae's blog but I had never seen the section on Charleston that you mention. I'll have to check that out for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Charleston is so fun! I live in Columbia and get down there every chance I get! The Sprout is an amazing restaurant, so is Hyman's. Best night out place is Mad River! Let me know if you have any more questions about it! www.camilleyanair.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Camille

    Thanks Camille! I'm always up for ideas and tips on places to check out!

    ReplyDelete