Wednesday, May 4, 2011

I Want To Go Where It's Warm

I consider myself to be a recent Jimmy Buffett convert. I'm a new Parrotthead. It wasn't till we moved to the midwest and I was landlocked that I realized that I had been kinda living the Jimmy Buffett lifestyle of palm trees and breezes until we moved.

But like so many things in my life when I fall for something I fall hard. All in here.

So when I found out that Jimmy Buffett was coming to St. Louis I knew that I had to be at that concert. And when that day finally arrived there was only one thing about the way that I had mapped it all out in my mind that was just a teensy bit different.

It was 45 degrees outside. In May.

So bringing my imagination along with me became really important in this situation. Cause it wasn't your typical Jimmy Buffett kind of weather.

So like most people I had to go to work the day of the concert. And it was kind of obvious that my mind was on beaches and margaritas. My work outfit of the day:

Top: Calypso at Target
Pants: Lands End Canvas
Shoes: Piperlime, one size too big but they are sandals and were on sale so that's how I roll.

I told hubby the day before that I was going to wear flip flops to the concert no matter how cold it was. Luckily I came to my senses before we left and made a few alterations to my originally planned outfit:


Wanna take a guess at what the additions to my planned outfit were?

Its all about the comfort people. I also added a nice grey sweatshirt to that outfit right when we got into the venue.

The concert was in an amphitheater and our "seats" were out on the lawn with all the other crazy Parrottheads. I'm laughing now at how funny my shoes look but man are they comfortable.

Seriously I kinda look like a cartoon character.

The concert itself was good, besides being really cold, and I'm glad that we went. I would love to go to his concert again in a much more tropical location. He made a lot of jokes about his fall off stage which I thought was pretty cool. Not cool that he fell (who would do something like that?) but that he could laugh about it. I dig people that can laugh at themselves like that. I also really dig being warm and comfortable which is why we left a bit early.

I gotta go where there aint any snow
Where there aint any blow
Cause my fin sinks so low
I gotta go where it's warm

So would you sacrifice a little fashion for comfort like I did?

Photobucket

0 ♥ thoughtful messages ♥:

Post a Comment