Friday, January 7, 2011

Why So Serious?

Growing up I'm sure a lot of people would probably have classified me as a pretty serious kid. Blame it on being the first born child, being Type A or whatever but I can't say that this label wouldn't have been inaccurate. I took my school work seriously, I took my family seriously and stayed out of trouble.

The older that I get the more I find myself drawn to the other side though.



(Source)

Fun fact: The husband and I went and saw Dark Knight at the midnight showing when it was released which happened to be the day before our wedding. Maybe a little crazy but it all turned out good :)

I find myself really drawn to people that don't take themselves seriously. I think that this is both a reflection of where I am now in my life and where I want to be. We aren't talking about people that are bums and have no ambition in life but more about people that just seem to take things in stride and have fun with what is going on. Can laugh at them self and aren't afraid to make some mistakes in the risk and challenges that come their way.

A lot of the people that I would throw on to my list of the not taking things too serious kind are pretty usual suspects around this blog:



(Source)

I think not taking things too seriously, the hang ups, the slips ups and the mess ups, helps you to survive with a lightness in your step. This is something that is really easy to remember when the path is free and clear and super difficult to remember when things are going the opposite of what you expected or hoped for.

"Life is ten percent what happens to you and ninety percent how you respond to it." - Lou Holtz

Do you consider yourself to be a serious person? What helps remind you to crack a smile and worry less?

Photobucket

0 ♥ thoughtful messages ♥:

Post a Comment