Monday, August 6, 2012

38 weeks and hitting the wall

This blog post isn't going to be the typical update with the bullet points like the previous ones have been. As the title indicates I've kind of hit the wall and am just kind of over things at this point and need to break out of the box of doing things the same way.  So please indulge me my some what random and scattered final thoughts on pregnancy. 

We've made it past the 1st and 2nd trimester. We got through the initial 13 weeks in the "safe zone" and had our 20 week ultrasound where they check all the parts to let you know that they are working as they should. And then you have the 3rd trimester and reaching 37 weeks and being "full term".  And then all the titles stop and you just have to wait until you hit your due date or maybe you have bad aim and you miss your due date and just keep going. I think the weeks after 37 weeks need to have an appropriate name assigned to them to portray how annoying they are. Cause man are they annoying. That speeding train that I felt like I was on has now stopped and I'm pretty sure something must be on the tracks because we are NOT moving anymore.

I'm really lucky in that my body still feels great and I'm not as uncomfortable as I'm sure many women are so it isn't that part of me that hit the wall. As much as I am so excited to meet her I also realize that I've had her with me (literally) for the last 9 months and I will actually have to share her with people, you know like with her father for example, once she is out in the big ol' world so not having the closeness makes me a wee bit sad and so that part of it isn't what has made me hit the wall either.

I think the thing that finally made me hit the wall (see I finally got to the point) was just thinking about how she could be here any moment. And after you've had that thought for about a million moments and the occasional comment about "you haven't had that baby yet?" it just gets really hard NOT to think about it all the time. Because trying to not think about it right now is about as easy as NOT thinking about food when you are starving and haven't eaten in 12 hours. 

Enough with my ranting, on to the good stuff. Or at least the stuff where I laugh at myself because that is all you can do at this point. Example:





38 week bump picture and I am the pinnacle of maternity fashion by wearing my husband's basketball shorts in these pictures. Yep, I never thought I would be that girl that started to raid her husband's clothes but comfort is key and pregnant in heels I am not.

 In other news, my husband has been practicing his swaddling so that he is a swaddling champ once she does decide to grace us with her presence. During that practice we had a silly moment where he decided to swaddle me with one of our large blankets. I was laughing so hard I was crying and thought I was going to laugh this little girl right out. Obviously that didn't work but hubby is a swaddling pro now and should feel quite confident with his skills after having a subject like me to deal with. Good job babe :)

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. you go girl! you're looking gorgeous! live up these last few days/weeks while you have it. henry came 2.5 weeks before his due date, so you really never know. i am so excited for you and can't wait to see more updates! hang in there :)

    ReplyDelete