Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Most Wonderful Time of The Year


I probably have used that title before.

Moving on... :)

It seems like when the calendar pages turn and it falls on to October and the Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Lattes come out and you hear about how fall is the best season. I have to admit that I am one of those people that love fall the most. I love the weather, I love the colors, I love the fact that Halloween is during this season and I love the "fall" food. I almost feel sorry for the other seasons since fall seems to get all the attention. I can't say that I know too many people that ever say how much they love winter. Anyone out there LOVE winter? Winter needs some love too.

I love the holidays that occur during the fall, Halloween (my favorite holiday) and Thanksgiving. A little bit of scary (in my world it is just a little but cause I'm just a big ol' chicken) and a holiday about food. Just right in my book.

One of my favorite things about fall is decorating.



I got my Peanuts decoration from Ebay. I think its the only thing I ever bought on Ebay but I really really love it!



Isn't he a cutie?


I have this "thing" about the movie Tim Burton's Nightmare Before Christmas. I call it a "thing" here but you could probably call it a slight obsession, love, etc. It's my favorite movie and is one of the biggest reasons that I love Halloween.

The bulk of my decorations have this theme and I just love it. A lot of my friends tend to refer to me as the "Nightmare girl" which you know sounds kinda bad but I know that its just based on my love for the movie. At least I'm hoping that is all it is :)

When people I know see something that has to do with the movie they tend to tell me, share with me, buy it for me. There are much worse things in life to be associated with then a eyeball less Disney skeleton, right? :)

I also love that I can do double duty with these decorations and leave them up for Christmas also. Efficient decorating? Yes, but in reality it probably is just more about my own laziness (and reluctance) to put them away.

I love how Halloween can have many themes. Scary. gory halloween, rustic country Halloween, crazy cartoon Halloween, etc. I tend to favor the PG to PG-13 rated Halloween :)

Do you have a favorite Halloween decoration? What is your favorite thing about the fall?


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. you are so cute. i don't really decorate for holidays/seasons, but maybe one of these days i will get around to it. i do love fall, and i'm glad its finally decided to come here to utah (on monday it was 85 degrees). i love wearing boots and cardigans, thats probably my favorite thing about fall :) oh, and thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete