Monday, October 24, 2011

Magnolia Leaf Wreath





We recently got a great cook book from my husband's grandparents, Southern Living Christmas, and along with some really yummy recipes it has some great holiday decor ideas. I fell in love with the magnolia leaf wreath.



I'm thinking about doing it like they did with the green leaves and the red ribbon for Christmas time but right now I have a bunch of fall leaves that need my attention.

So I got a little creative.

Originally I wanted to use a foam florist wreath but alas our little island Walmart didn't have any foam wreaths. So I got a little creative. They did have some grapevine wreaths and the ol' wheels in my head started spinning a bit.


I took my grapevine wreath, some magnolia leaves and some ribbon and twine.


South Carolina magnolia tree leaves


Then I added the leaves to the wreath. I think it was much easier hanging the wreath first and then adding the leaves so I had a good view of the wreath.




I'm pretty happy with how it all shook out. I'm planning on taking the fall leaves out and making it a more Christmas type wreath once we are out of the fall season.

I feel like I'm the only person that holds on to the fall season and isn't in a hurry to get to Christmas! Today at the grocery store I noticed that all my pumpkin favorite treats were gone and all the Christmas ones were coming out already. Boo.


Do you still celebrate fall once Halloween passes? Are you anxious to get on to Christmas?

Photobucket

0 ♥ thoughtful messages ♥:

Post a Comment