Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Random Thoughts for a New Month

I hope everyone had a safe and happy Halloween!

It was our first year having trick or treaters (we've lived in apartments before now and never really in kid friendly areas) and I was surprised at how much I loved having the cute little kiddos come to our house. We had some great kid costumes in our area including a homemade R2D2 (Star Wars character) that was made from an upside down garbage can and spray painted. The poor little guy didn't really have arms in his costume so his brother had to carry his candy for him. So cute!

The only one that got dressed up for Halloween in our house was our dog Wylie.



He is a turtle in case it isn't obvious :)

I'm always a little sad come November 1st because I love Halloween decorations and I hate to put them away.




I liked this black and white hounds tooth pattern for my Halloween nails. I think it turned out pretty good.


We were in Jacksonville this past weekend for the Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party, otherwise known as the Florida- Georgia game.





The game was .....scary. Halloween came a little early for Gator fans. Ouch.

And if this post wasn't random enough already, in the past 2 days I've seen 2 Mary Kay Pink Cadillacs.

(Source)

Just seemed kind of random to see 2 in 2 days when I haven't seen one in a long time. Maybe Mary Kay just got a shipment in and a whole bunch of ladies are sporting some new pink wheels? I was a Mary Kay consultant for a very brief time. It's a good company, sales just aren't my thing. Mary Kay Ash (real person) was a very interesting lady and pretty inspirational.

Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know it so it goes on flying anyway.
Mary Kay Ash


Random Post over!


What was the highlight of your Halloween? Have you ever seen a pink Mary Kay caddy?

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. it was our first year with trick-or-treaters too! so much fun :) until we ran out of candy...oops. Wylie looks adorable btw :) also, i LOVE your nails!! did you get those sally hansen things?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @yours truly dear

    Yes, they are the Sally Hansen Nail Decals (Stickers?). I don't do a lot of nail art stuff so they were a smidge tricky for me. I thought of you though and figured you would love to give these a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have seen one of those mary kay cars but a LONG time ago - haven't seen one in a long while! Maybe they did just get a shipment :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, Wylie looks so cute!))) I'm totally loving your blog! I 'd love if you visited my blog for multiple posts on all things fashion and style. I'm following you, I hope you'll do the same. Thanks so much.
    GlamThings

    ReplyDelete